Freelance Web Programming
- Not getting what you want from your website?
- Fed up of paying through the nose for bad service?
- Need a reliable and portable database for clients / products?
- Feel like you are going round in circles?
- Require images turning into web pages?
- Need payment integration?
We can help! Over the last few months we have heard more and more tales of woe from Directors and Sole traders complaining that they have spent thousands of pounds on a web site / product database or shopping cart only to be let down. Our work ethic is simple, We work closely with and listen to you and only use tried and trusted methods and technologies. We want you to be happy with what you have paid for! We work full time and out of hours so we have more time to spend with clients getting a good idea of what they require. So if you are one of the many people out there suffering at the hands of bad programmers and designers give us a call and together we can work out a solution to your problem!
We are NOT trend setters, nor do we follow trends. We use tried and trusted technologies and methods!
We are currently available for any freelance web programming work in cgi, perl or PHP. We are, by trade, freelance web programmers of perl, PHP, MySQL and site conversions ( converting badly coded sites into valid XHTML or HTML). Please see the respective pages for further info. Our long term experience in the web industry amounts to over 15 years and gives us enough experience to furnish your company with a bespoke online back office system or other web based application be it a shopping cart, product database, content management system (CMS) or a simple news posting or guest book system.
- Payment Provider Integration (Example)
- Bespoke Web Programming (Example)
- Out of the box products
- Site conversion to XHTML / Valid HTML
- Mail forms, News Posters, Blog Scripts and many others
- Advanced Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) that actually works
- Design Layout conversion to W3C standard CSS and HTML
Online Shops are becoming one of the premier uses of the internet, with existing businesses or companies expanding into the internet sector. It is a great vehicle for improving your turnover without a massive investment and has the advantage of being open 24 hours, 7 days a week reaching a worldwide audience. We can provide a simple E-commerce package for less than £250 that will have you selling on the internet within a week of project start. Please see the portfolio page for examples of more complex sites.
Valid HTML or XHTML 1.0, 2.0(strict)
HTML standards were developed to make it easy to share and process electronic documents regardless of the type of device, computer platform or operating system used. Using valid HTML is the first step to creating accessible pages. Valid HTML pages are pages that adhere to a set of rules defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Why build web sites using valid markup?
- Today's browsers largely support HTML standards; Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera have committed themselves to supporting the W3C standards.
- According to The Web Standards Project, supporting incompatible browsers adds an average 25 percent to site budgets.
- Invalid markup affects document portability, interoperability, and the future value of your content .
- When developing sites using CSS, invalid HTML, like overlapping tags and unclosed elements, will produce unpredictable results (Page elements "floating" over other elements).
- Standards based web sites are likely to be more accessible. If you are focusing on making your pages work on just one specific browser, you may be locking out surfers with special technologies, or alternative browsers.
- Most current and past browsers will try to interpret invalid HTML, but there is no assurance that next generation browsers will be as forgiving. Organizations risk making their documents obsolete by not ensuring that their web documents adhere to the HTML specification.
- By working to the HTML specification you make it easier to transport HTML documents to others for revision and re-purposing.